Over more than a decade following 9/11, Major Stephen Coughlin was one of the U.S. government’s most astute and objective analysts, and an expert on the connections between Islamic law, terrorism and the jihadist movement around the globe. Through knowledge of published Islamic law, Major Coughlin had a demonstrated ability to forecast events both in the Middle East and domestically and to accurately assess the future threat posture of jihadist entities before they happened. He has briefed at the Pentagon, for national and state law enforcement and intelligence agencies, and on Capitol Hill for Members of Congress. Today, he is a Senior Fellow at the Center for Security Policy. His book, Catastrophic Failure, will be released in late 2012.
With this series of presentations, the general public has access to a professional standard of intelligence training in order to better understand the jihadist threat.
PARTS OF THIS SERIES:
- Lectures on National Security & Counterterror Analysis (Introduction)
- Understanding the War on Terror Through Islamic Law
- Abrogation and the ‘Milestones’ Process
- The Muslim Brotherhood, the Arab Spring & the ‘Milestones’ Process
- The Role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Enforcing Islamic Law
Part 1: Lectures on National Security & Counterterror Analysis (Introduction)
Part 2: Understanding the War on Terror Through Islamic Law
Part 3: Abrogation and the ‘Milestones’ Process
Part 4: The Muslim Brotherhood, the Arab Spring & the ‘Milestones’ Process
Part 5: Role of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation in Enforcing Islamic Law
- The Boston Attack and Doctrines of “Individual Jihad” - April 29, 2013
- To Our Great Detriment: Ignoring what Extremists say about Jihad - March 24, 2008