Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
- A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
- Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners intoMexicowill be fined. (Article 132)
All of the above runs contrary to what Mexican leaders are demanding of the United States. The stark contrast between Mexico’s immigration practices versus its American immigration preachings is telling. It gives a clear picture of the Mexican government’s agenda: to have a one-way immigration relationship with the United States.
Let’s call Mexico’s bluff on its unwarranted interference inU.S.immigration policy. Let’s propose, just to make a point, that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) member nations standardize their immigration laws by using Mexico’s own law as a model.
 “Mexico’s Glass House,” Center for Security Policy Occasional Paper, April 3, 2006.
- Germany sees left-wing extremism becoming more clandestine, sophisticated, and violent - September 17, 2021
- ‘Strategic confusion’ in Afghanistan - August 20, 2021
- Propaganda analysis: Official translation of Xi Jinping’s speech toned down extremism against West - August 10, 2021