With Adam Kredo, Joe Davis, Gordon Chang, Jose Cardenas. Jim Hanson guest hosts.
ADAM KREDO, reporter for the Washington Free Beacon:
- The US’s surprise at ISIS’ sudden rise in Iraq
- Is there anything at this point the US can do to turn the situation in Iraq around?
JOE DAVIS, Director of Public Affairs at Veterans of Foreign Wars:
- The future of the VA after the outing of Eric Shinseki
- An update on the situation of imprisoned Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi and what the public can do to help free him
- How some US veterans feel about the unraveling situation in Iraq
GORDON CHANG, of Forbes.com:
- China’s participation in the RIMPAC naval exercises and what the Obama Administration thinks the future of this partnership can be
- Update on Chinese aggression in East Asia
- Irony of the US partnering with China in a cybersecurity working group, in light of the threats China poses to American intellectual property
JOSE CARDENAS, former USAID Acting Assistant for Latin America and the Caribbean:
- The humanitarian and national security crisis on the US’s Southern Border
- The contribution of the “push” factor in unstable environments in Central America that have led to the immigration crisis
- Should the United States play a more active role in Latin America?