For Immediate Release
August 23, 2019
CONTACT: Hamilton Strategies, [email protected], Patrick Benner, 610.584.1096, ext. 104, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 104
‘TRUTH SQUAD’ EXPOSES DISCREDITED S.P.L.C., C.A.I.R. AS FRAUDS, ANTI-U.S. POLITICAL WARFARE INSTRUMENTS
BOTH DEPICTED AS ACTUAL HATE GROUPS
Washington, D.C.—In recent weeks, the Connecticut Chapter of the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) has cited the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as part of a sustained attack on the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Center for Security Policy (CSP), E. Miles Prentice. CAIR has claimed without any basis in fact that this patriotic, highly successful businessman is prejudiced against Muslims and that it has reason to believe the minor league baseball team in Norwich, CT that he owns, the Connecticut Tigers, may discriminate against their faith community.
In response to such claims, Norwich Mayor Peter Nystrom recently observed: “From what I’ve read you can call CAIR a hate group. People accuse them of being a front for Hamas. So who is telling the truth?”
Yesterday, five experts were assembled in a panel moderated by CSP’s founder and Executive Chairman, former acting Assistant Secretary of Defense Frank Gaffney, to provide the relevant facts. The following were members of this informal “Truth Squad” and (in bold) highlights of their remarks:
- Lieutenant General William “Jerry” Boykin, U.S. Army (Ret.); thirty-six year and highly decorated veteran of the United States Army; founding member and former Commanding Officer of Delta Force; former Deputy Director for Special Activities at the Central Intelligence Agency; former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence; author of Never Surrender: A Soldier’s Journey to the Crossroads of Faith and Freedom; co-chairman, Team B II which produced Sharia: The Threat to America; ordained minister; and Executive Vice President, Family Research Council.
Gen. Boykin addressed: the true nature of the discredited SPLC, its own hateful agenda; what SPLC employees and mainstream press outlets have described as the “fraud” the organization perpetrates with its vaunted, so-called “hate group” list; and the very real danger the SPLC poses to those placed on that list for the purpose of what one of its then-executives acknowledged is “destroying” the groups it targets. With regard to the last point, the general described the 2012 attack mounted with murderous intent on the Family Research Council by a domestic terrorist who declared that he was inspired by the SPLC map of “hate groups.” Gen. Boykin also warned about the SPLC’s insidious collaboration with CAIR and he described as a “sham” and a “trap” the manipulation of other faith communities by the Muslim Brotherhood’s mosques and front organizations under the guise of “interfaith dialogue.”
- Robert Muise, Esq., S. Marine Corps combat veteran; a litigator specializing in constitutional law and First Amendment cases; co-founder of the American Freedom Law Center (AFLC); and co-author (with David Yerushalmi, Esq.) of Offensive and Defensive Lawfare: Fighting Civilizational Jihad in America’s Courts.
Mr. Muise cited numerous federal cases to illuminate how CAIR engages in political warfare via “lawfare” – using litigation to attack, harass and try to silence opponents of its Sharia-supremacist agenda. He described how, in case after case, his team has achieved victories on behalf of those victimized by CAIR – including some of its own members. He also described pending litigation brought by his firm against Attorney General of Michigan Dana Nessel for her announced intention to use the SPLC list to open investigations into individuals and entities fraudulently placed on its hate list.
- James Simpson, Investigative reporter; former economist and budget analyst at the Office of Management and Budget; and author of “CAIR’s New Islamophobia Report: A Partnership with the SPLC,” published in Capital Research Magazine; and author of The Red-Green Axis: Refugees, Immigration and the Agenda to Erase America and The Red-Green Axis 2.0: An Existential Threat to America and the World.
Mr. Simpson noted the faithful implementation by the SPLC and CAIR of Communist Frankfurt School professor Herbert Marcuse’s admonition to like-minded “partisans” that they must use false information to destroy their enemies. He contested the false narrative that CAIR is a “civil rights” organization worthy of a 501(c)(3) charitable organization status. He challenged the proposition that CAIR had any standing to be the arbiter of Mr. Prentice’s fitness to own a baseball team, or anything else. Mr. Simpson also eviscerated a recent joint product of CAIR and the SPLC’s political warfare operations that claimed there is a vast, well-funded anti-Muslim hate industry – a proposition used to justify their attacks on those like Miles Prentice who fund and/or support organizations they recklessly smear as “hate groups.”
- Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, M.D., a veteran of the U.S. Navy; former Staff Internist in the Office of the Capitol’s Attending Physician; co-founder of the Muslim Reform Movement and founder and president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy; former Commissioner on the International Religious Freedom Commission; and author of A Battle for the Soul of Islam: An American Muslim Patriot’s Fight to Save his Faith.
Dr. Jasser powerfully challenged the false narrative that CAIR and its fellow Sharia-supremacist Muslim Brotherhood front groups speak for American Muslims. He observed that most Muslims are like him – committed to our country, its Constitution and the freedoms that document guarantees, and not in favor of submitting personally or as a nation to Sharia-supremacism. He described it as the ultimate “pro-Muslim” action to refuse to meet with and otherwise legitimate the Council on American Islamic Relations, insofar as it is terror-tied and American Muslims should not be encouraged to consider CAIR or other Brotherhood fronts as reflecting their beliefs or speaking for them.
- John Rossomondo, Senior Analyst, Investigative Project on Terrorism; former Senior Managing Editor of The Bulletin in Philadelphia; recipient of the 2008 Pennsylvania Associated Press Managing Editors first-place award for his reporting; and author of “Minor League Owner Rejects Connecticut Democrats’ Demand to Meet CAIR,” published by the Investigative Project on Terrorism.
Mr. Rossomondo described a number of highly problematic individuals associated with CAIR’s Connecticut chapter, the branch of this Hamas front that is currently attacking Mr. Prentice and the Center for Security Policy. Some have a record of defending jihadists; others simply are themselves Sharia-supremacists. He noted that CAIR National’s Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper is on the record as wanting America to become an Islamic nation. In short, CAIR is not an appropriate interlocutor for Mayor Nystrom, let alone the appropriate conduit for representation of Muslims in Connecticut, or elsewhere.
Frank Gaffney wrapped up the Truth Squad’s program with a brief summary. Afterwards he observed:
“Thanks to the information supplied by these five distinguished experts about the actual nature and agendas of the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Council on American Islamic Relations, Mayor Nystrom now has a proper basis for answering the question he posed: ‘Who is telling the truth?’
“The truth is that the SPLC is a discredited political warfare institution that has long defamed patriotic Americans to suppress and silence them, and done so as part of a shameless money-making racket.
“The truth is that CAIR has been proven in federal court to have been founded by the designated terrorist organization Hamas. It works to advance the Muslim Brotherhood’s stealthy jihad to promote Sharia-supremacism in America in an unlikely Red-Green partnership with the Radical Left’s SPLC. And it does not represent – and must not be permitted to speak for – this country’s law-abiding, patriotic Muslims.
“The truth is that leaders of other religious communities have been induced to treat Muslim Brotherhood fronts like CAIR as legitimate representatives of adherents to the Muslim faith. As a result of the influence operations the Brotherhood runs under the guise of “interfaith dialogue,” many of these groups are more likely to echo the Islamists’ party line rather than accurately represent the views, let alone the interests, of their own co-religionists.
“The truth is that Miles Prentice is the kind of outstanding owner that cities like Norwich should be proud to have own a terrific baseball team like the Connecticut Tigers that has always welcomed all fans and always will.”
View the Truth Squad program in its entirety here. at /2019/08/21/truth-squad-to-expose-why-attacks-by-radical-left-islamist-hate-group-should-be-disregarded/. Visit the media page for the Center here or visit the Center for Security Policy website for more information on CSP, as well as on Twitter @SecureFreedom.
To interview representatives from the Center for Security Policy, contact [email protected], Patrick Benner, 610.584.1096, ext. 104, or Deborah Hamilton, ext. 104.
- Press Release: Who’s actually undermining US national security: “Coach” Tuberville or Team Biden? - November 7, 2023
- New book release: Understanding Black Identity Extremism - October 13, 2023
- The ‘hollow military’ 2.0: How cultural Marxists are taking down America’s armed forces - September 7, 2023